For millennia sages use mantras for self-realization. In Sanskrit, “man” means mind and “tra” – liberation. Trough contact with these spiritual sounds we receive extraordinary benefits.
Aloha and Namaste!
Maui Kirtan Yoga is a group that regularly practices Kirtan Yoga and Meditation in Maui and travels around to share it with others.
Please feel free to join us for Kirtan Yoga.
There is no charge. We like to share this experience with anyone.
What is Kirtan?
Kirtan is a form of Yoga. Yoga means union and Kirtan Yoga focuses on the union between the soul and the Supreme soul.
You do this by hearing and chanting spiritual mantras.
You can chant with or without music and with two or more people.
Kirtan Yoga is considered the easiest method for attaining self realization and is something everyone can add to their daily practices.
The following wisdom is from Patanjali’s Yoga sutras, written thousands of years ago. The practice of mystic yoga can be categorized into the following eight parts:
1. Yama: Control of the senses, including the mind.
2. Niyama: Living a life of cleanliness, contentment, regulation, introspection, and reverence of and surrender to the Supreme Soul.
3. Asana: Physical postures and exercises.
4. Pranayama: Control of the breathing process and manipulation of the prana (life force) flowing through the meridians.
5. Pratyahara. Withdrawal of the senses from sense objects; detachment.
6. Dharana: The ability to focus one’s mind upon a chosen object.
7. Dhyana (meditation): One-pointed focusing of the mind upon the Transcendent.
8. Samadhi: Perfect union of the individual soul (atma) and the Supreme Soul (Paramatma or Bhagavan).
Union in will and purpose – this is the real meaning of Yoga.
When Jesus says, “I and my father are one,“ he is describing the true Yoga state – union in love and will.
Join us for Yoga in Maui.
Mantra meditation – it’s not just a temporary relief to our problems.
Meditation means that we experience real satisfaction and happiness. It means that human life is really focused on the source of great happiness.
Meditation means having your heart, your mind and your entire being really immersed in the Supreme. According to the ancient Vedic Texts and the great
spiritual teachers of meditation, the reason for meditation is self-realization.
We are spirit soul, the life particle, the spark of the Supreme temporary in this body.
I need spiritual food, spiritual happiness. I can’t be satisfied by material wealth, fame power, etc.
Join us for Meditation in Maui.
– Psalms 54:1
Our help is in the Name of the Lord.
– Psalms 124:8
O God, my heart is fixed. I will sing and chant Your praise.
– Psalms 108:1